Wednesday, October 6, 2010

UP Iron Cross a success for whole team

This past weekend Iron Cross hosted a cyclocross race in connection with the UPCross Series in Old Town Negaunee.  The day was beautiful and it only helped shine on the success of Culvers Racing.  The course was designed by Danny Hill and Glen Lerlie both members of the team.  It is because of work of guys like them that events like this turn out to be so successful.  Although not needed to see the finger prints that Culvers Racing had on this event this race including 3 Culvers Riders.  Tyler Gauthier took home the class "A" hardware on his first try of the season in the UPCross Series.  Below is a brief recap from Tyler:

"This course was awesome today.  It was set up more like a MTB short track so I really felt at home on it.  I used my mountain bike today to take advantage in the technical sections and create gaps in places I knew cross bikes would have to slow.  I went out hard to establish a group but it happens that I created a gap on my own.  I figured why let it go so I continued to keep the pressure on.  I'm very pleased with my win today, especially with what guys I was up against."

A full event recap can be read at the UPCross website.

The team photographer, Straight A Photography, was able to capture the awesomeness of this fall event.













 

1 comment: