Monday, August 2, 2010

Training for......Training?

One race in 6 weeks.  With exception to a race on July 11th I have been race free for most of July.  The lack of racing has molded the month of July for me.  It has been pure concentration on training and working on my weak areas.  I wouldn't necessarily say I have enjoyed not racing but it has offered me some relief.  Planning training around races and traveling 4-6 hours every other weekend becomes stressful.  So this actually comes with open arms because the months of August and September heat up with a race just about every weekend.

Concentration hasn't been a factor without racing.  I have set my focus for one date, August 14th.  For most, you know it's the date of the Ore to Shore, our home town race.  Everything about this race is close to me.  This was my first competitive MTB race, it's an epic 48 miles, misery hill, and home town crowd to name a few.  My biggest motivation, finishing business from last year.  I had an unfortunate crash with about 5 miles to go last year placing me with a DNF.  I was holding top 20 at the time and it has eaten at me since that day last year.  No worries though because this past 6 weeks have prepared me to the best of my ability and the race will bring what it will.

I'm looking forward to the months ahead and will keep you all posted.  Cheers for now.          

No comments:

Post a Comment