Tuesday, November 6, 2012

WORS Overall Standings

A couple weekends ago was the Wisconsin Off Road Series banquet.  This is held as a wrap to the season to acknowledge a seasons worth of accomplishments for the overall finishers.  This year my goal at the beginning of the season was a top 5.  I reached my goal finishing 4th so I attended the banquet to celebrate the accomplishment.

Even though the banquet signifies the end of a season I was still not done.  So before I could celebrate I joined up with Chris P. in Amherst to pedal out some intervals on the rail trail in preparation for Iceman.  At this time Chris was in full off/beer season swing but he loves his bike enough to suffer with me one last time.  Crazy old man.  We had a great workout and now it was onward towards celebration and fun.

My goal was a top 5 overall finish for the series.  With the the week in and week out competition that shows up at any given WORS race I knew it would be a tough goal to achieve.  My final position of either 3rd or 4th came down to the last race in a battle with Darrin B. from Adventure 212.  He got the better of me in the final race and pushed me back to 4th overall but this was still within my goal.  In just 3 short years I was able to go 12th, 7th, and now 4th overall.  I'm blessed to have such a great team, coach, and support crew to keep me healthy throughout the 12 races.  Not only do you have to be good on the bike but luck and support have to be on your side.

National Story here.

Video Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment