Thursday, June 28, 2012

WORS #5 Redflint Firecracker

I'm going to allow the media to give the race report and I will be allowing you inside the moment every professional strives for, victory.  I want to reveal the moment from this past weekend.

In a sport where victory's come few and far between, even for the best, I am incredibly grateful to have reached the top step in the greatest race series in the country.  This sport takes more than the effort of one.  In the end, only one steps up to raise his/her hands but behind every win is God, family, friends, sponsors, fans, and the race.  Without the support of each the strenuous work put in does not come to fruition.

This is why when the top is reached the moment is surreal, incredible, and a complete joy.  The most genuine smile you will ever find on my face is shared with my mother in this incredible moment.  This moment drives my passion to train and race harder so I can see the joy on her face again.

We race in the best, strongest, and largest race series in the country.  The effort of the race directors, WORS staff, and the athletes have developed an extremely competitive series that brings the best to the start line 12 times a year.  A win in this series is extremely difficult to come by and the first may be the toughest.  It is because of this I feel blessed to have the health and ability to even line up for a victory on Sundays.  They say that the 1st WORS win is the best, at this moment is sure feels that way.


Thank you to all who are with me, in front of me, and behind me.  Cheers to more to come.


Resluts


     

No comments:

Post a Comment