Wednesday, March 7, 2012

So It Begins

In less than 24 hours I'll be departing Marquette for Sand Dimas, CA the 2nd stop of the ProXCT series.  I'm following that up with a drive over to AZ for a solo style training camp.  I am extremely excited to strap the shoes and helmet on again and dive straight into race efforts.  The need for pain is built into an athlete.  We need constant reminders of why we put the time in we do and in the weirdest way the pain is a reminder.  Especially after a period of diesel style base training.

I have a lot planned for the next month.  The opening of the 2012 race season, meeting up with my coach, a Retul bike fit, a stop at the Grand Canyon on the way to AZ, a family wedding in AZ, training camp in AZ, riding with fellow Yoopers in the AZ sun, start of base 2, trail riding in Prescott with the Peariso's, Mt. Baldy and Mt. Lemmon, and getting to know my MTB again.  There is probably a lot more to be included but that is a great start.

Stay tuned the next couple of weeks as I update frequently of how the racing and training is going on the West Coast.  Thank you to my sponsors for making this possible and especially one of my biggest supporters, my employer - St. Onge Insurance my family owned business.    

No comments:

Post a Comment