Monday, January 24, 2011

Making Progress

Every time I think I have things wrapped up another thing seems to pop on my plate.  Not necessarily bad things but just another thing to do.  Things with the team have been coming along great but I just can't seem to wrap it up.  I have been ready to make announcements and set things aside for the 2011 but we continue to work on new developments.  Being that they are new and good I do not so much mind.  I have a new February 1 target date to be done with all planning.

As for my training, it's been going good.  My off-season program has me making big gains with my strength.  I'm 8 weeks into the program and thats the typical time for a body to adjust and it sure has.  I have matched power and intensity numbers from years prior and thats after a long 8 month cycling season and away from the weights.  Every year my body continues to make strength gains and I feel it on the bike.  I look forward to transferring this years gains over to the mountain bike.  I have another 5-6 weeks of intensity/strength before I completely change my concentration to riding.  Write now to supplement my intensity/strength program I have been riding several days a week to keep the legs fresh and the heart healthy.  I have done a few snowshoes and skis but the Surly Pugsley has been a great tool for the off-season.  It has kept me on my bike and keeps my legs familiar with the spin.  Although my skiing hours are way down from past years my ride time is up and I feel like this will transfer a lot better than hours on the skis.

My pre-season has been planned and booked.  I have planned a 2 1/2 week training camp with my coach in California.  I'll be concentrating on riding and getting hours in the saddle.  At the end of my trip I'll be testing my early form at the Sea Otter ProXCT.  I'll be leaving April 1 and even though it's only January 24th that day is fast approaching.            

No comments:

Post a Comment