Friday, March 26, 2010

Arizona Training Camp Part 2

My time is sadly coming to an end in Arizona.  I have taken advantage of everyday here in AZ and will continue to use my last two days to the fullest.  The last three days have been great training days.  I had 3 consecutive days of 3+ hours with two interval sessions, up Mt. Lemmon at that.  The back to back long days are starting to pay off as I'm finally starting to feel stronger on the bike.  The crew is still the same with myself, Tyler Jenema, and Chris Chase. 

After a day off on Monday we were back on the bike for 3 hours on Tuesday.  Tuesday was a good prep for what was to come, the first organized intervals of the year.  Anticipation grew for the next two days as we planned a Z4 on Wednesday and Z3 on Thursday, both up Mt. Lemmon.


I found out early that no matter what pace you go up Mt. Lemmon it offers so many benefits.  As you can see you can not escape its incline.

Both efforts were intense and were a great way to start organized intervals.  Wednesday offered 3 hours, 50 miles, and 4135 feet of vertical climbing and Thursday was 4 hours 64 miles, and 4007 feet of vertical climbing.  Mt. Lemmon is reat and I am sure going to miss this moutain.
I still have plenty of riding planned for the next two days and will top it off with the local shootout on Saturday morning.  With a week of good riding behind me my goal of sticking with the big guns should be more obtainable.  

Although we are out here for training we do find time to have some fun.  Training out here has not only increased my fitness but it has also giving me an incredible high pain threshold.  I totally dominated this cactus, he was crying for mercy.  Jenema thought it would be a good idea to show people how small he is.  Believe it or not that cacuts is only 4 feet tall.  (The one I was standing next to was like 100 feet, ok maybe not that big but let me tell you it was huge.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment